COVID-19 Response Fund Established
Click here to access the website with full details.
COVID-19 Response Fund for Forsyth County
ABOUT THE FUND
The COVID-19 Response Fund for Forsyth County was established by a partnership between United Way of Forsyth County, The Winston-Salem Foundation, the City of Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, and Community Organizations Active in Disaster to support local community members impacted by the novel coronavirus.
Flexible resources will be provided for immediate, emerging, and long-term needs to organizations working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of the outbreak. The fund is designed to complement the work of government and public health officials to address all aspects of the outbreak in Forsyth County.
The first phase of proactive and responsive grants will fund nonprofits with one-time general operating support in order to assist with the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations impacted by COVID-19. United Way of Forsyth County and The Winston-Salem Foundation will administer the fund. An advisory committee of local funders and community institutions working directly with impacted populations will oversee the application process.
More specifically, initial funding will benefit disproportionately impacted individuals and families including:
- Residents without health insurance and/or access to paid sick leave
- Individuals experiencing homelessness
- Healthcare workers
- Hospitality and service industry workers
- Unauthorized immigrant populations
- Communities of color, and in particular, residents with limited English language proficiency
Additional phases of future funding will be developed by evaluating the funds available, community needs, and government response.
HOW TO GIVE
- Credit Card: visit covid19forsyth.org
- Checks: payable to the "COVID-19 Response Fund for Forsyth County," c/o The Winston-Salem Foundation, 751 West Fourth St, Suite 200, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
- WSF donor-advised fundholders: request a grant transfer via myWSF to the COVID-19 Response Fund for Forsyth County
- Corporations and foundations: to make a donation, contact Meridith Whitaker, Director of Philanthropic Services at The Winston-Salem Foundation, at (336) 604-5032 or
HOW NONPROFITS CAN APPLY
An application process for organizations to request funds will be available by March 27.