The Opportunity | Pardee Hospital Foundation
Pardee Hospital Foundation was founded to educate and to inspire support for Pardee Hospital, an affiliate of UNC Health Care. Since 1996, the Foundation has raised $40 million for its focus on the highest quality in compassionate care. These essential funds support the programs and services that make Pardee Hospital the outstanding health care center that it is today. The Foundation is led by a 19-member Board of Directors, comprised of committed and caring individuals who are actively engaged in the mission of furthering advancements in medical treatment and securing the resources needed to grow facilities, equipment, and staff. Signature events like the Black Tie Gala and Women Helping Women luncheon ensure that donors, patients, families, and the entire Western NC community stay in touch with the Foundation and the hospital.
The Community | Hendersonville, North Carolina
Hendersonville is surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and is home to DuPont Recreational Forest with its stunning waterfalls and varied terrain. It is one of the smallest towns in the country to have a paid symphony and an aquarium. Thirty non-chain restaurants line its charming Main Street. The area’s love for the arts is exemplified by the Flat Rock Playhouse, the State Theater of North Carolina; the thoughtfully restored Carl Sandburg Home; and murals painted on brick buildings and bear statues scattered throughout the downtown. Located about twenty miles from Asheville, NC and just 40 miles from Greenville, SC, Hendersonville is convenient to many activities and events throughout the region.
The Position | Executive Director
The Pardee Hospital Foundation seeks to fill the position of Executive Director of the Foundation. This position generates charitable support to assist Pardee Hospital in carrying out its mission of providing quality and cost-effective health care to the citizens of Henderson County and beyond. This position initiates, plans and directs an innovative development program and works cooperatively with groups and individuals, including the Pardee Hospital Foundation Board of Directors, to foster maximal effectiveness of existing and future hospital fundraising efforts. The Executive Director promotes philanthropy for capital expenditures, ongoing unreimbursed costs, charitable care and expansion of health care services. The Executive Director of the Foundation has dual reporting to the President/Chief Executive Officer of Pardee Hospital and the Board of the Pardee Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains relationships that are anchored in trust and shared decision making. Leads self and others to grow.
- Cultivates new relationships to extend the depth and scope of the Foundation.
- Builds the momentum by achieving a 4:1 ratio of gifts to expenses.
- Uses strategy and organizational knowledge to achieve business results and pursue the Foundation’s vision.
- Leads self and others to take ownership for goals and outcomes; effectively and efficiently uses available resources.
- Leads continuous improvement by using innovation, creative problem solving and proven change management principles.
- Works with Foundation Board of Directors to establish strategy and goals.
- Provides excellent stewardship of assets for the Foundation.
- Creates and executes vision-driven plans with measurable goals and results.
- Successfully oversees the planning and execution of special events.
- Develops ideas and strategies to enhance relationships with community partners.
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in organizational or non-profit management, including marketing and fundraising, management systems, processes, governance, strategic and tactical planning and budgeting, recruiting and developing staff.
- Experience with recruitment, relationship-building and management of teams.
- Business orientation in leading successful development and fundraising initiatives.
- Evidence of successfully representing an organization within the community, including interactions with businesses, donors, and community leaders.
- Experience in financial management, accounting and audit practices.
- Strong leadership ability, creative thinking, energy and team orientation.
- Outstanding communications skills, ability to present complex topics to top management, public groups, external foundations, major donors, and boards of directors.
- Excellent organizational, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven commitment to continuous personal and staff improvement, on-going education to advance knowledge in the field of work.
- Ability to recognize opportunity for growth and provide examples of past growth.
Pardee Hospital Foundation has retained Capital Development Services to assist with professional recruitment. Nominations, expressions of interest, and applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Candidates should include a cover letter, a resume, and a list of three references. All material will be confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to Jen Tozier at Capital Development Services, 336-747-0133 x 208.