Conferences & Workshops
Redesigned for our "Now" Normal, the CapDev workshop was reinvented as a build-your-own virtual webinar series to inspire you and give you tools to "CAPitalize" on this moment. This series that was available for a limited time in 2020, and we will be returning to in-person workshops later in 2021.Learn More & Register
Education & Training
Email us to Learn More
From neophytes to fundraising veterans, everyone can benefit from new insights and continued education.
CapDev sponsors workshops and presents at numerous conferences where participants gain a deepened knowledge, a fresh perspective and motivation that inspires.
Find us at conferences; invite us to conduct a session just for your organization; or join us for one of our CapDev workshops and learn about topics such as:
- Trendsetting Philanthropy: Annual overview of the latest data, forecasts of philanthropic trends, and thought-provoking discussion on what it all means for your development program
- Essential Components of Successful Philanthropy: Back to the basics with elements fundraisers at any level can apply
- Building a Culture of Philanthropy: Distinguish "philanthropy" from "fundraising" and build up board support
- Giving and Getting: Explore current giving trends and learn how to get your piece of the philanthropic pie
- Building a Major Donor Program & Building a Donor Cultivation Program: Single sessions or a 2-part series
- The Art of the Ask: The "ask" is more about planning than asking, so learn how to ask so that you get a "yes"
- Mind Your Philanthropic Manners: How "please" (donor cultivation) and "thank you" (stewardship) can make or break a development program
- Why Leadership Matters: Why enlisting and engaging leadership is the key to fundraising success & how to do it
- Hiring, Attracting and Retaining Development Professionals: The acronym spells HARD, but we break down the executive search job and make it EASY
- Ambassador Board Development: A program specifically designed to create "Ambassadors" of your board members
- Nerdy & Nice: Using disciplined analytics and research to build a relational major gifts pipeline
- Mastering Donor Retention: Learn techniques for building donor relations - both high tech & high touch - in order to improve dismal donor retention trends
- Journey Mapping the Donor Experience: Use a journey mapping tool to understand, empathize and energize donor relations and build major giving
Topics can be presented in 60 to 90-minute sessions or combined to create half or full-day sessions.
Email us to Learn More
The CapDev team typically delivers a full-day workshop geared toward major campaign planning training for board and staff, usually held twice each year. This sought-after day, filled with popular session topics, always sells out. We plan to resume in-person workshops later in 2021:
- October 7, 2021 - Hotel Ballast, Waterfront in Wilmington NC - Registration opens Summer 2021
Space is limited to 2 per organization and a max of 36 total participants.
It is ideal for a board member to attend with staff!
CapDev workshops fill quickly and sell out fast, so early registration is always recommended.
HandsOn NWNC: Blueprints Philanthropy Course
May 25, 2021Learn More
Virtual course taught by Clare Jordan
UNC Advancement Symposium
June 02, 2021 - UNC Chapel HillLearn More
Virtual Conference Session with Allan Burrows & Clare Jordan
June 29, 2021Learn More
Journey Mapping for Donor Relations with Allan Burrows & Clare Jordan
September 23, 2021 - AshevilleLearn More
NC Community Colleges Conference on Resource Development
Topic TBA; Clare Jordan and Allan Burrows
October 07, 2021 - Wilmington, NC