Conferences & Workshops
We are hosting our popular CapDev campaign planning workshop in-person again in 2022! Join us in Wilmington on October 28th, and bring a board member along to get the most out of it. Seating is very limited so be sure you register early to join us and "CAPitalize" on this moment with new insights, tools and inspiration for your campaign and development planning.Learn More & Register
Education & Training
Email us to Learn More
From neophytes to fundraising veterans, everyone can benefit from new insights and continued education.
CapDev sponsors workshops and presents at numerous conferences where participants gain a deepened knowledge, a fresh perspective and motivation that inspires.
Find us at conferences; invite us to conduct a session just for your organization; or join us for one of our CapDev workshops and learn about topics such as:
- Trendsetting Philanthropy: Annual overview of the latest data, forecasts of philanthropic trends, and thought-provoking discussion on what it all means for your development program
- Essential Components of Successful Philanthropy: Back to the basics with elements fundraisers at any level can apply
- Building a Culture of Philanthropy: Distinguish "philanthropy" from "fundraising" and build up board support
- Giving and Getting: Explore current giving trends and learn how to get your piece of the philanthropic pie
- Building a Major Donor Program & Building a Donor Cultivation Program: Single sessions or a 2-part series
- The Art of the Ask: The "ask" is more about planning than asking, so learn how to ask so that you get a "yes"
- Mind Your Philanthropic Manners: How "please" (donor cultivation) and "thank you" (stewardship) can make or break a development program
- Why Leadership Matters: Why enlisting and engaging leadership is the key to fundraising success & how to do it
- Hiring, Attracting and Retaining Development Professionals: The acronym spells HARD, but we break down the executive search job and make it EASY
- Ambassador Board Development: A program specifically designed to create "Ambassadors" of your board members
- Nerdy & Nice: Using disciplined analytics and research to build a relational major gifts pipeline
- Mastering Donor Retention: Learn techniques for building donor relations - both high tech & high touch - in order to improve dismal donor retention trends
- Journey Mapping the Donor Experience: Use a journey mapping tool to understand, empathize and energize donor relations and build major giving
Topics can be presented in 60 to 90-minute sessions or combined to create half or full-day sessions.
Email us to Learn More
The CapDev team delivers a very popular full-day workshop geared toward major campaign planning training for board and staff, usually held once or twice each year. This sought-after day, filled with popular session topics, always sells out. The 2022 workshop will be held:
- October 28, 2022
- Hotel Ballast Wilmington, NC
- Registration begins August 22, 2022 (1 week earlier for current CapDev clients only)
- Pre-Workshop Welcome Reception: October 27, 5pm at Cameron Art Museum
Space is limited to 2 per organization and we will cap at 24 total participants.
It is ideal for a board member to attend with a staff person.
CapDev workshops fill quickly and sell out fast, so early registration is always recommended.