President & CEO
The Opportunity | Junior Achievement of the Triad
The Board of Directors of Junior Achievement of the Triad (Greensboro, NC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Board invites resumes from individuals with a record of demonstrated success at an executive level with fundraising, board development, staff management and development, program management, marketing, and public/community relations. The ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for the mission, and a strategic leader with the ability to manage finances.
Junior Achievement's purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Our focus is to ensure that every kindergarten through twelfth grade student in the Triad has the competencies needed for future success in life and career.
The Position | President & CEO
The President and CEO leads JA of the Triad with responsibility for establishing and communicating strategy; driving revenue; building effective partnerships with schools and stakeholders; promoting the mission and the brand; leading the staff and nurturing an engaging culture; fostering operational excellence and sound financial performance; and ensuring effective governance. JA of the Triad delivers meaningful learning experiences like financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work readiness to K-12 students in school systems it serves in Forsyth, Rockingham, Randolph, Guilford and Alamance Counties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Brand
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, establishes the vision and future road map for JA of the Triad; translates the vision into engagement through clear and compelling communication and messaging.
- Develops and implements strategic plans that assure the strength and growth of JA of the Triad within the context of the internal and external market forces and regulations.
- Advances the mission within the community and serves as a passionate advocate for JA of the Triad. Promotes the brand and represents JA of the Triad with the public, businesses, government agencies, and community groups to drive the strategy and success of the organization.
- Effectively applies fundamental skills in prospecting, connecting, and developing relationships which result in revenue goal achievement for JA of the Triad.
- Collaborates with JA USA and other NC chapters of Junior Achievement to implement innovative curricula.
People and Culture
- Provides thoughtful executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
- Accurately projects staffing requirements and effectively evaluates talent to recruit and retain the best individuals for the board and staff.\
- Engages board, leadership team and staff to create synergy and foster collaboration in achieving JA’s mission; builds on the individual and group strengths to achieve established goals and strategic plan. Applies effective talent management techniques and processes to enhance the professional growth and performance of staff.
- Manages and motivates team members through coaching, recognition, and managing performance to assure achievement of all goals and objectives.
- Oversees people functions including hiring, separation, on-boarding, succession, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations, etc.
- Fosters a culture that encourages collaboration and professional development, rewards innovation and growth, and recognizes positive contributions and accountability.
- Effectively delegates tasks while maintaining oversight for overall success.
- Acts in concert with JA values and assures others in the organization do the same.
- Assures that JA of the Triad operates in compliance with all requirements of the Junior Achievement Operating Agreement and additional requirements established by the Board of Directors.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance of the organization.
- Fosters innovation and excellence in program delivery, leveraging both technology and volunteer engagement to provide effective learning opportunities for student participants.
- Manages implementation of all programs and ensures programs are executed within acceptable standards to assure growth in student impact.
- Oversees day-to-day operations to mitigate risks and ensure long-term strategic success.
Finance and Governance
- Ensures the financial strength of the JA of the Triad operation to support operational and strategic plans and sustainability of the organization including the development and implementation of effective fundraising campaigns, leads revenue generation through our various key stakeholders, and takes an innovative approach to raising funds.
- Establishes accurate and timely financial reporting plus analysis of financial information.
- Develops a budget and manages financial resources to meet or exceed all objectives.
- Works with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to recruit, orient, and encourage engagement of Board members; manage effective regular meetings with the Board including the development of the agenda and any reports and materials.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance.
- Secures the resources that support and enable achievement of strategic and operational goals.
- Stewards the “customer” with an eye toward a long-term relationship that is mutually beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three+ years of successful senior leadership experience, preferably working with a board of directors
- Excellent management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Commitment to public education
- Demonstrated experience in fostering relationships in the community
- Knowledge of the Piedmont Triad area is desirable
- Strong track record in fundraising, including securing large gifts from a variety of sources
- Willingness to undergo criminal and credit background checks
Junior Achievement of the Triad offers a positive, collaborative work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community. It is Junior Achievement of the Triad, Inc.’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and Associates.
CapDev is assisting JA with professional recruitment and the screening of applicants. Candidates should include a cover letter and resume. All material will be confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to CapDev at email@example.com.