The Opportunity | Raleigh Rescue Mission
As a faith-based Christian organization RRM assists people with breaking the cycle of poverty while living at the Mission. This unique plan centers around three strategic pillars: focus on children to end generational poverty; jobs matter, as a full-time job and GED make poverty less likely; and access to stable housing, which builds self-sufficiency and wealth to eliminate poverty. Through meals, housing, counseling, education, career development and many types of ongoing client support, RRM impacts the lives of the more than 1,200 people who come to them for services each year. In Wake County, where RRM is located, the convergence of a higher number of homeless, a shrinking supply of affordable housing, and greater unemployment creates still more demand. Because of the power of Jesus Christ, many of these clients are experiencing a new transformed life.
The Position | Campaign Coordinator
Raleigh Rescue Mission is undertaking a capital campaign to build a new center, for the women and children in Wake County that are experiencing homelessness, on land it already owns in Knightdale, N.C. Campaign planning is underway, and the Campaign Coordinator, a full-time contract position, will report to the Chief Philanthropy Officer. Successful candidates will be well-organized and have strong interpersonal skills and computer skills. Raleigh Rescue Mission is a faith based organization, staff members must be comfortable upholding the purpose and mission of the organization.
- Working with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, coordinate all activities of the board, volunteers, staff and others as they relate to campaign planning and implementation.
- Working with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, schedule and coordinate all campaign meetings, working committees, cultivation events, and any other meetings and events related to the campaign.
- Prepare/coordinate all campaign materials and correspondences: files; lists; meeting notifications, agendas, minutes, and other follow-up materials promised at the meetings; prospect and donor research, records, acknowledgements, and reports.
- Conduct prospect research to compile profile information on individual, corporate, foundation and other prospects.
- Maintain and update a campaign calendar of scheduled activities and send weekly reports to key individuals and consultants.
- Record and transcribe notes of all significant campaign-related communications, including both meetings and telephone calls between volunteer leaders, board members, and others.
- Organize and maintain thorough and accurate computer and hard copy filing systems for all Mission campaign activities.
- Develop and collect campaign-related materials including online research, queries, newspaper articles on potential donors, etc.
- Prepare/coordinate all campaign materials for meetings, proposals, reports, focus groups, etc.
- Serve as liaison between campaign counsel, campaign leadership and Mission staff.
Perform the above and any other duties necessary for effective and efficient campaign planning, management, and implementation.
Capital Development Services is assisting Raleigh Rescue Mission with this search. Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume. For additional information please contact Jen Tozier at firstname.lastname@example.org