Greensboro Housing Coalition
The Opportunity: Greensboro Housing Coalition
GHC is a HUD certified Housing Counseling Agency that works with individuals and families at any stage of the continuum from homelessness to homeownership. GHC provides the greater Greensboro community with greater access to housing opportunities. This non-profit organization also provides the information about resources necessary to help families and individuals climb the ladder to better housing and prevent housing loss.
Our mission is to advocate for and provide resources to people with low to moderate incomes and those with special needs to secure or retain fair, safe, healthy and affordable housing.
The Position: Executive Director
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Greensboro Housing Coalition (GHC). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and affordable housing advocacy throughout the community. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Organization Vision, Mission, and Strategy: Along with the Board of Directors, leads GHC to ensure that its mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Advocates for fair, safe, healthy, and affordable housing for low- and moderate-income people and those with special needs.
- Engages the board and staff in strategic planning that assures GHC has a long-range strategy that will achieve its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Implements strategic plans, based on data-driven analytics, projections of human impact, and financial implications.
- Implements and administers GHC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
Community Outreach: Leads efforts to enhance GHC’s image and further its mission by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations and community partners and utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance GHC’s mission.
- Collaborates with other housing advocates and agencies to achieve fair, safe, healthy, and affordable housing in Greensboro.
- Oversees staff and participates in community planning and programs that provide greater access to housing opportunities.
- Cultivates excellent relationships with the media; provides oversight for GHC’s presence on social media.
- In concert with the Board’s leadership, serves as GHC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Leads efforts to ensure successful implementation and execution of the annual Housing Summit.
Fundraising: Develops resources necessary to support GHC’s mission
- Develops comprehensive resource development plan and leads strategies to approach individual donors and solicit major gifts.
- Oversees fundraising and implementation, including identifying resource requirements and funding sources; identifies grant opportunities and initiates applications.
- Engages in major fundraising activities and additional means of developing revenue.
Financial Performance and Viability: Administers resources in a manner that ensures the financial health of the organization.
- Ensures fiscal integrity of GHC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Oversees fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
- Presents financial reports to the Board accurately reflecting the fiscal and programmatic performances of all activities.
Organization Operations: Administers resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are effective and appropriate.
- Establishes administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of GHC.
- Hires, retains, and supervises competent, qualified staff.
- Ensures all staff are effectively trained to successfully execute their GHC roles.
- Oversees the administration of grant and fundraising records, documentation, and reporting.
- Oversees marketing and other communication efforts.
- Signs all contracts, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Board Governance: Works with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Leads GHC in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Informs the Board regularly of internal organization matters, including relevant staffing, funding and program success, and priorities.
- Works with the Board to ensure that its committee work is well-organized and effective.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Qualifications & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Three+ years of senior leadership experience with understanding of working with a board of directors.
- Knowledge and/or experience in affordable housing is preferred.
- High level strategic thinking and planning; ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Solid organizational abilities, including strategic planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Transparent and has high integrity leadership.
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Fundraising experience; excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
Greensboro Housing Coalition has retained CapDev to assist with professional recruitment. Candidates should include a cover letter and a resume. All material will be kept confidential. Additional inquiries may be directed to CapDev at firstname.lastname@example.org.