Deepen Your Fundraising Knowledge with CapDev
Whether you’re new to philanthropy or a veteran fundraiser, you can gain fresh insights and deepen your knowledge and skills from CapDev’s resources. We do this through customized conference presentations, inspiring deep-dive workshops and a resource library equipped with the tools you need to make your nonprofit better.
If you’re looking for new insights, tools and inspiration for your campaign and development planning (and who isn’t!), CapDev’s workshops are a popular and dependable resource. We offer workshops tailored for both staff and board. We invite you to attend the next CapDev Campaign Planning Workshop. This popular, one-day conference sells out quickly so please register early.
The CapDev team delivers an inspiring full-day workshop geared toward major campaign planning training for board and staff, usually held once or twice each year. This sought-after day, filled with popular session topics, always sells out. 2023-2024 workshops:
- March 21, 2023 NC Museum of Art, Raleigh NC – SOLD OUT
- October 5, 2023 Renaissance Asheville – Registration begins in August, 2023
- Spring, 2024 Triad NC location TBA
- October 4, 2024 Wild Dunes, Isle of Palms SC
- Pre-Workshop Welcome Reception: held the evening prior to each workshop
Room block for discounted rates available for a limited time.
Space is limited to 2 people per organization, ideal for a board member to attend with a staff person.
CapDev workshops fill quickly and sell out fast, so early registration is always recommended.
Conferences & Board Training
As a recognized leader in philanthropy and executive search, CapDev is invited to present at local, regional, and national conferences. We can also conduct training just for your organization’s staff and board, from 60-minutes to full-day sessions. Topics range from building a culture of philanthropy to the art of the ask.
Find us at conferences; invite us to conduct a session just for your organization; or join us for one of our CapDev workshops and learn about topics such as:
- Trendsetting Philanthropy: Annual overview of the latest data, forecasts of philanthropic trends, and thought-provoking discussion on what it all means for your development program
- Essential Components of Successful Philanthropy: Back to the basics with elements fundraisers at any level can apply
- Building a Culture of Philanthropy: Distinguish “philanthropy” from “fundraising” and build up board support
- Giving and Getting: Explore current giving trends and learn how to get your piece of the philanthropic pie
- Building a Major Donor Program & Building a Donor Cultivation Program: Single sessions or a 2-part series
- The Art of the Ask: The “ask” is more about planning than asking, so learn how to ask so that you get a “yes”
- Mind Your Philanthropic Manners: How “please” (donor cultivation) and “thank you” (stewardship) can make or break a development program
- Why Leadership Matters: Why enlisting and engaging leadership is the key to fundraising success & how to do it
- Hiring, Attracting and Retaining Development Professionals: The acronym spells HARD, but we break down the executive search job and make it EASY
- Ambassador Board Development: A program specifically designed to create “Ambassadors” of your board members
- Nerdy & Nice: Using disciplined analytics and research to build a relational major gifts pipeline
- Mastering Donor Retention: Learn techniques for building donor relations – both high tech & high touch – in order to improve dismal donor retention trends
- Journey Mapping the Donor Experience: Use a journey mapping tool to understand, empathize and energize donor relations and build major giving
- Stewardship, the Solution to Declining Donor Retention: Examine the problem of poor donor retention, and give thought to creative ways to energize your stewardship program
Topics can be presented in 60 to 90-minute sessions or combined to create half or full-day sessions.
With nearly 40 years in the industry, CapDev has built a resource library that’s chockful of valuable information, from job description templates to campaign planning documents. And when you engage CapDev, you have access to them all. Some of our best tools to help define your needs and determine how counsel can help are provided here at no cost.
All of the presenters were excellent. They were concise, energetic, and very organized and full of information. Perfect for me as a development newcomer. I could have continued to listen to each presenter longer.
Dawn Carter, former Director of Development, Ridgecroft School
CapDev’s presentation at the Carolinas Annual Fund Conference… was information that was applicable to everyone in the room and they provided great tips and reminders for frontline fundraisers that can be used daily in our professional environment.
Lori Tuttle, Director of Development, The Citadel Foundation
Thanks, CapDev friends, for the 'shot in the arm' of inspiration and reminders about all the things I need to be doing! Your workshops are always so helpful and it is always so good to spend time with all of you.
Nancy Lindeman, retired director, Blue Ridge Regional Hospital Foundation
In one short afternoon, our foundation board was transformed from a group wondering what was expected of them into a team of hospital ambassadors. We can thank Cap Dev for this. They brought the right tools, an abundance of experience, and a relaxed, yet compelling, presentation style to our annual board retreat.
Dirk Griffith, Executive Director, Lenoir Memorial Hospital Foundation, Kinston NC