Topic: Why We Talk About Why With Every Client
- Episode 1 (of 2):
- The origins of the vision for a campaign’s case
- Transitioning from the needs (the “what”) to the “why” of the case
- The evolution of the creation of a really great case for support
- Episode 2: tune in soon for more on the case as the foundational element for building the campaign, sharing the case with supporters and getting their reactions, as well as our question to all our podcast guests – share a favorite example of generosity
- Iris Cole, Senior Strategist, MCreative – Values-Driven Strategic Communication
- Rob Hudspeth, President, Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation; Sr. Vice President for System Advancement, Appalachian Regional Healthcare System
- Lilly Skok Bunch, Senior Counsel, CapDev
Iris Cole, MCreative
Iris is an innovative, strategic and bi-lingual leader with an international profile and 20+ years of experience working as an executive and sustainability consultant in both the public and private sectors. Her particular areas of expertise in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and sustainability include: risk management, inclusive business models, community engagement, multi-sector alliances, emblematic project design, and the identification of strategic growth opportunities for organizations garnered through the lens of their stakeholders. Iris is also an entrepreneur, having launched several companies including FEF Group, Inc., a design and project management firm with a focus on sustainable development, She Raises the Bar, a strategic CSR and sustainability consulting firm, and most recently Do Good Artist, an innovative company creating social impact through multi-sector collaborations between the arts and other industries. Iris serves on the Board of Directors of the Hispanic League and is the Board Co-chair of the Women’s Network of Winston Salem.
Rob Hudspeth, Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation
Rob Hudspeth serves as the President of the Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation (ARHF) and as the Senior Vice President of System Advancement for Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS). In his roles with ARHS, Rob has management responsibility for Marketing, Corporate Communications, External Affairs and Government Relations – while also acting as Chief Development Officer. Rob previously served as Director of Development for Appalachian State University. He also held sales, marketing and management roles with GlaxoSmithKline, SEI Electronics, Inc. and TT Electronics, LLC. Rob has deep family roots in the High Country community and a genuine passion for healthcare fundraising. In his spare time Rob enjoys fly fishing, golf, boating and spending time with family. Rob resides in Boone, North Carolina with his wife Erika, along with two children; Emma and Jackson. Rob is a graduate of North Carolina State University.
Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation: https://apprhs.org/foundation/
Appalachian Regional Healthcare Foundation (ARHF) supports Appalachian Regional Healthcare System (ARHS) which includes Charles A. Cannon, Jr. Memorial Hospital, Watauga Medical Center and Appalachian Regional Medical Associates.
Our small mountain towns are home to the best healthcare facilities around. But we can do more. Together, we can increase access to top quality healthcare services that will enrich the lives of those who call these mountains home. We are a 501C3 nonprofit organization.Return to Insights & Events